This depends on your kind of business. If you’re operating a brick-and-mortar business, you may need zoning and health department permits, a transaction privilege license (aka a sales tax license), and city-specific licensing. Additional considerations include federal and state regulatory licenses, such as for the sale of alcohol, firearms, clothing, investments, etc. And don’t forget to obtain an employer identification number (EIN)!

Documentation to start a company varies depending on your business. For instance, a corporation will need far more documents to establish than a sole proprietorship, including company bylaws, meeting minutes, and business plans. One of our attorneys can draft the necessary paperwork and supply you with a checklist of documents to fill out.