This depends on your situation and insurance coverage. For instance, in an auto accident, many insurance companies have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Medical Payments Coverage (MPC), which can pay for injuries while a case is being pursued. Similar programs may be available through your health insurance or worker’s compensation program, if the injury happened on the job. You may also be able to file for disability programs in the short-term. A personal injury attorney can discuss your options and advise you on how to take care of yourself during the legal process; we don’t want you to wait until the settlement to get the treatment you need.