Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship
Perez Law Group
The Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship seeks to promote diversity and help Arizona’s students through economic aid. Cristina Perez Hesano of Perez Law Group, PLLC, was raised by immigrant parents and is a first-generation college graduate who went on to earn her juris doctorate degree at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University. She is committed to giving back and helping the community, because she has experienced firsthand the special challenges and disadvantages that are created by not having sufficient resources needed for higher learning. She also understands that through education, hard work, and strong faith, other disadvantaged youth can lift themselves up and achieve the American dream.
The Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship will be awarded to minority students who demonstrate that, despite struggles, their strong-will, determination and perseverance have carried them through adversity. The recipient must show commitment to the community, understand the importance of paying it forward, and possess leadership and mentorship qualities. The recipient must also be dedicated to their personal and professional growth.
The Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship seeks to assist youth in their journey to help foster successful futures through higher learning. The Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship provides one $1,000 scholarships per year. The recipient will receive $1,000 to use towards their education.
- Applicant must be an Arizona high school senior or a current college student enrolled in an accredited four-year university/college, or currently enrolled in a two-year college and planning to transfer to a four-year university/college upon completion.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident, or have DACA status.
- One entry per person, per year.
- Applicant must be under 21 years of age.
How To Apply
- Submit the Perez Law Group Diversity Scholarship Application Form.
- Submit an essay of 500-1,000 words written by the applicant that explains the applicant’s adversity in life, how the applicant overcame that adversity, and the applicant’s ongoing educational goals.
- Submit a copy of current transcript.
- Please e-mail application packet to [email protected]. Subject line must read “Attention: Scholarship Manager”; include applicant’s full name, email address, contact phone number, name of applicant’s current high school and/or university applicant is currently attending or will be attending.
- Entries Close May 31, 2021.
- June 30, 2021, The winner will be notified via email and announced on this page.
Recognition of Winner
2021 Perez Law Group Scholarship Recipients will be recognized on our website with a photo, personal quote, and publication of the applicants’ essays for the 2021 calendar year.
If you have further questions or would like to receive more information about this scholarship opportunity, send an e-mail to [email protected]