What Damages Can Motorcycle Injury Attorneys Recover?
At Perez Law Group, PLLC, we don’t want you to waste your physical, mental, and emotional energy on worrying about money. That energy should be directed toward regaining your health.
Instead, let our personal injury lawyers handle the process of recovering compensation. We:
- Analyze your losses to understand what compensation you need
- Collect medical evidence like diagnostic imaging, prescriptions, and treatment plans
- Talk to your doctors, physical therapists, counselors, and other healthcare professionals
- Review your employment information to gauge your income losses
- Interview friends, family, and coworkers to learn how your injuries have changed your life
- Check in with you for regular updates about how you’re feeling and what you’re facing
All this information can tell us what compensation you deserve and in what areas of your life. The process also provides us with documentation to prove what you deserve, which can come in handy when we negotiate your settlement.
We Review Your Medical Expenses
From expensive emergency care to the parking fees at your doctor’s office, we scour your case for any recoverable medical costs. Anything related to your accident—past and future treatment, appointments, physical therapy, mental health support—should not come out of your own pocket. In fact, whatever you did pay out-of-pocket, we work to reimburse.
We Assess Your Career Setbacks
Our motorcycle accident lawyers serving Phoenix, AZ can seek compensation for any time you missed from work. That could mean recovering lost salary income, hourly wages, or even commissions and gig work.
We also look at your future work. If your injuries altered your ability to work the same number of hours or require you to change positions, damages can cover those changes. In the event you need to switch careers completely, we can seek compensation to help you with the transition.
We Consider Your Catastrophic Injuries
Without the protection afforded by a passenger vehicle, motorcyclists are at higher risk of serious injury:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis and nerve damage
- Loss of limb
- Organ damage
- Permanent disability
Catastrophic injuries can affect you for the rest of your life, so we consider your long-term losses. That includes follow-up medical care, replacement equipment, ongoing therapies and pain management, and any logistical support you may need.
For instance, if you suffered a spinal cord injury, the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC)estimates lifetime costs to range from $1.2 million to $5.4 million—and that doesn’t include an average of over $80,000 in indirect costs each year. Knowing that you face these expenses, we work to ensure the responsible party also knows and compensates you accordingly.
Aware that they are potentially on the hook for thousands or millions of dollars, insurance companies and liable parties might employ every tactic they can to cut corners or undervalue your losses. We are aware of these tricks and can fight back to protect your right to compensation.
We Represent Wrongful Death Cases
Sadly, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that motorcycle fatalities are 28 times the number of passenger vehicle fatalities per mile traveled. In other words, bikers involved in accidents are more likely to pass away from their injuries.
If this happened to a loved one, our wrongful death attorneys can help you file a claim or suit on their behalf. This can help you not only recoup the cost of their medical treatment, funeral, and burial, but also acknowledge the struggles that come with a sudden loss. Damages can cover your pain and suffering, lost income from the deceased, and the loss of their support as a parent or spouse.
What Tasks Can Our Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Handle?
The short answer: anything related to your case. The long answer:
- We support you through the insurance process – We help you report the accident, file a claim, talk to adjusters, and provide any necessary information.
- We handle the day-to-day tasks – Our team can navigate emails, calls, letters, meetings, paperwork, status updates, and everyday logistics.
- We know when to file documentation – Our lawyers can determine the filing deadline for insurance claims as well as the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits.
- We check facts and avoid errors – We help prevent delays by ensuring paperwork is filled out and filed correctly in the right place.
- We prepare for and represent you in court – Our attorneys are not afraid of litigation and work on developing a case strategy for you should we need to take your case to trial.
If you have a task related to your motorcycle case but aren’t sure if it’s in our purview, just ask! We are always available to answer your questions. Furthermore, we have access to additional resources to provide you with support.
Who Is Responsible for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Possible liable parties include:
- Other motorcyclists
- Passenger vehicle drivers
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Product manufacturers
- Tire companies
- Auto shops
- Property owners
- Government entities
In fact, more than one might have played a part in causing your injuries. For example, reckless driving by a trucker combined with poor road maintenance by a government entity could leave the truck driver, their trucking company, and the local city government liable.
The reason we explore all these possibilities is to maximize the potential for damages. We don’t want to overlook any opportunity to help you recover what you lost in this accident.
Identifying all possible negligent parties can also help us determine the timeline of your case. Suing a government entity, for instance, can require filing notice of a claim soon after an accident. We can analyze these options when we evaluate your case to ensure the right parties are pursued at the right time.
When Should You Contact a Phoenix Injury Attorney?
You can call the Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers at Perez Law Group, PLLC now: (602) 730-7100 or +1 (888) 59-PEREZ. Our legal team can provide personalized answers to your questions based on your situation. In fact, we provide personalized representation from the beginning of your case to its conclusion. Call us today to get started!